5/19/2014

CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE




Happy Monday everybody! Today the weather is extremely hot, and this week, the weather is going to stay this summery. Hello bare legs! One thing that always gets me with this weather is that I feel really dirty and sweaty very easily. Even though my skin is very dry (with some breakouts), I still feel the need to cleanse my skin extra thorough. My skincare as of now, isn't really fancy ( no serums or oils or overnight treatments), but the products I have been using lately have really helped my skin.

Right before this skincare routine, I have been using the Blue Herbal range by Kiehls. Turns out that I had been adviced completely wrongly and the products actually aggravated my skin which led to more breakouts. Since the salesperson who helped me saw my fairly bad skin at that moment, she immediately thought: Oily skin. This unfortunately wasn't the right analyses. Turns out, I have a normal to dry skin. The Blue Herbal range dried out my skin even more, which led to my skin producing more greasiness in order to overcompensate the drying products.

Right now, I am using a mixture of 3 brands. Garnier, Ren and Kiehls. First up in the routine is the Miccelair water from Garnier. I use this as a 'pre-cleanse' to take off all of my make up and start really cleansing my skin on a clean canvas.

From Ren I have been enjoying their Rosa Centifolia #1 Purity Cleansing balm. First of all, the smell. Oh my lord! The smell is freakig amazing. It smells like roses and the scent makes you feel very fresh, squeeky clean and girly. Next, the structure. It is a balm which runs really soft once you warm it up between your fingers. Then I massage it into my face for a minute or so and then I either rinse it of with lukewarm water, or I take a muslin glove and moist it with lukewarm water, to take of the cleanser with this accordingly.

Third step in the routine is the toner. For this I have been using the Kiehls Ultra Facial toner. This toner is for normal to dry skin and this range is one of their most sold since it suits so many skin types. The substancy of the toner is a bit milky. The thing I like most about it, is that it really moisturizes the skin, and for a toner, I think that is a nice thing.

Last but not least is my Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer. Nice moisturizer. Rich, but not too rich. Moisturizing withour leaving a film on the skin. Good for day- as well as nighttime.

And that's it so far. I'm still on the hunt for a nice serum and overnight treatment. Once my skincare routine is updated with this, I will report back immediately. Enjoy the rest of your sunny day!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten